Saturday, November 17, 2012

Under-Eye Concealing Combination

I got the idea to do this post from Sandra. .Her blog is 15 steps, then a beauty blog. I'm sure that most of you already subscribe to her blog but if you don't I highly suggest you check her out. Most people probably use one concealer, I use three. I use a corrector, concealer, and brightener. I don't have dark circles but these three steps I just think make my under-eyes look the best. If I am in a hurry I might just do concealer but on a daily basis I do these three steps.

Under-Eye Concealing Combination



The three products that I currently use are:

1. Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #1- This is a holy grail product for me and a little bit  goes a long way. I have had this forever and I still have a ton left. So even though it is expensive it will last you at least 6 months and probably longer. This is a peachy/pink color that is thin but not watery. It applies great to the skin and really does corrector. Some of the Sephoras in NYC now carry this which is super exciting. When I run out I will repurchase at Sephora.

2. Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller- This is a decent concealer and can work great if you have puffiness in the morning. I don't have that so I can't speak to that but it does conceal fairly well. I think it's a little bit dark for my skin tone but I will continue to use it up. This is another product that lasts forever. What I don't like about this is that it contains alcohol. I will not repurchase this.

3. Maybelline Dream Lumi Tough Highlighting Concealer in Radiant- This is another product I am trying to use up. I use this to brighten my under-eye area and it is a twist up pen. It works ok to brighten and doesn't cake on my skin but I wouldn't repurchase it because you don't get hardly any product and I prefer the Instant Age Rewind. I like doing this step because I like my under-eye area to look brightened and lifted. I have heard people say this is a dupe for the Master Corrector. To me it is not at all. If you want a true corrector just pick up the Giorgio Armani.

I will continue to repurchase the Master Corrector and will purchase the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind when I finish the Dream Lumi. I like the Age Rewind more personally. The Garnier Rollerball I will not repurchase. I have heard a lot of talk that this contains alcohol and I would prefer not to keep putting alcohol under my eyes long term. Once I use this up I am dying to purchase the new Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser Dark Circle Concealer. This is a $40 concealer but a little bit goes a long way with these types of products so they should last me forever. I have heard so many great things about this concealer that I need this in my life. It's supposed to be a hybrid skincare and makeup product that covers up but also does good things for your under-eye area.

That's it for my under-eye routine. I know it might seem a bit much but it really does work and I don't have any caking issues at all. What are some of your favorite under-eye products? Do you have a one step or do you use a few products together?

xx
Meredith

1 comment:

  1. I usually use 3 products too- I have a very dark undereye area:( I also have the garnier and the maybelline dream Lumi (and the age rewind)- all work great for me:)

    ReplyDelete