Friday, October 5, 2012

Favorite Fall & Winter Lipsticks Swatches, Photos, & Review

To continue along with my favorite Fall & Winter makeup series I will be discussing some of my favorite lipsticks in this post. This was harder for me than the blushes because I have a ton of lipsticks and not as many Fall/Winter blushes. I also have more drugstore lipsticks than high end. I think I went through a phase of buying a lot of drugstore lipsticks. I've stopped doing that now though since its so hard to know if the color will work for you without trying it out first. I've bought too many colors that I haven't really liked. I hope you will find a color in this post that might work for you.



Favorite Fall & Winter Lipsticks Swatches, Photos, & Review
Left to Right: Revlon Mauve it Over (Matte), Revlon Raspberry Bite, Revlon Red Velvet Lip Butter, Nars Dolce Vita, Jordana Easyshine Sugar Plum, YSL Volupte Sheer Candy #5
First up is the Revlon lip butter in Red Velvet. I love this red for Fall & Winter. It's not super bright and is a very wearable red. I don't love the formula of these because I find them heavy feeling on my lips but the color payoff is amazing. It is a rich and deep red that I would only wear during these seasons. 

Revlon Red Velvet Lip ButterRevlon Red Velvet Lip Butter


Revlon Mauve it Over is a beautiful my lips but better color. It is a matte but doesn't look overly matte on my lips. I think Revlon has a great matte formula.This is just a really easy color to wear. It is a warm color with a blend of pink and brown. I do not like lipsticks with brown undertones though and I like this color so for those of you who hate brown lipsticks I think you would like this one. I don't know if mauve best describes this but either way I love it.

Revlon Mauve it Over LipstickRevlon Mauve it Over Lipstick


Nars Dolce Vita was in my September favorites. This is another my lips but better color. So if you are into more neutral fall lips you will love this one. This is also a bit more sheer and has a glossy finish which I really prefer in a lipstick. It described as a sheer dusty rose. Compared to Mauve it Over it seems to have more of a rose hue. 

Nars Dolce Vita LipstickNars Dolce Vita Lipstick


YSL Volupte Glossy Stain in #5 is an amazing sheer stain color for Fall & Winter. It is a warm berry/plum color on my lips. I've heard people say that this color doesn't last long on the lips and while I would say this is true it does leave a bit of a stain. I challenge you to swatch this on your hand in Sephora and I'm pretty sure you will see the color on your hand many hours later. I found this while I was swatching them myself. This feels light on the lips and the packaging is the most beautiful I have. YSL really knows how to make amazing lip products. 

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy #5 YSL Volupte Sheer Candy #5


Another Revlon. I guess I really like Revlon. This is Raspberry Bite and this is not for the faint of heart. It is a beautiful burgundy/raspberry color on my lips. I prefer to blot this on the lips rather than apply it like a regular lipstick. It is so pigmented that I need to be careful when applying this but the color is beautiful. I have gotten so many compliments when wearing this color.

Revlon Raspberry Bite LipstickRevlon Raspberry Bite Lipstick


The last one is the cheapest one of the bunch. This is the Jordana EasyShine in Sugar Plum. While I don't like the lighter colors of these as much this color is probably my most favorite lip color for Fall & Winter. This is the one you want to pick up. Plus it so cheap that if you don't like it you didn't spend much money. This is simliar to Raspberry Bite from Revlon but I find it much more wearable. 

Jordana EasyShine Sugar PlumJordana EasyShine Sugar Plum


Left to Right: Revlon Mauve it Over, YSL Glossy Stain in #5, Revlon Raspberry Bite, Revlon Red Velvet Lip Butter, Jordana EasyShine in Sugar Plum, Nars Dolce Vita

Left to Right: Revlon Mauve it Over, YSL Glossy Stain in #5, Revlon Raspberry Bite, Revlon Red Velvet Lip Butter, Jordana EasyShine in Sugar Plum, Nars Dolce Vita

So that wraps up my favorite Fall & Winter lipsticks. I tried to pick a variety of shades and price ranges for everyone. I think that these colors are all amazing and plan to wear them all a lot in the upcoming months. What are some of your favorite Fall & Winter lipsticks?

xx
Meredith


5 comments:

  1. Great post! Revlon Red Velvet is in my fall lip picks as well :)

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love red velvet for a more dramatic red lip. I'm meh about the lip butters in general though.

      Delete
  2. What a great range of fall shades! Revlon Red Velvet is one of my favourite for the season as well. And Raspberry Bite looks gorgeous- I'll have to check it out! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Raspberry Bite is very bold but can be used as a stain. Pretty color though.

      Delete
  3. Raspberry bite looks stunning! I have the ysl sheer candy in 5 too but i just cant stand the taste and smell if it.. Its a nice shade though.. U should try mac rebel lipstick if ure into these kinda shades..

    ReplyDelete