Thursday, September 27, 2012

Move Over BB Creams. CC Creams are Coming!

Last season's must have product were BB creams. BB creams are a tinted moisturizer with primer, SPF, and anti-aging benefits with light coverage. Well, CC creams are the new BB cream. I've been hearing more and more about these and think that they will probably become just as popular as BB creams at some point soon. So what are CC creams? Read on in this post to find out more about this new beauty product.

Rachel K CC CreamCC Cream

Like BB Creams, CC Creams were made popular in Asia and are an all-in-one makeup and skincare product with SPF, moisturizer, and anti-aging. CC creams stands for "color correction" or "color control". They are focused on improving your skins color and tone and are able to provide more coverage while still giving you the benefits of a BB cream. Even though they are more full coverage they are meant to feel light on the skin. They contain a ton of anti-aging ingredients as well. Unfortunately CC creams are not yet as popular here in the US yet as they are oversees. I've heard most people talking about Rachel K so that seems to be the most popular brand here in the US. I'm not sure where they sell it though.

Be on the lookout for the first CC cream to hit the U.S. this October, Olay Total Effect CC Tone Correcting Moisturizer. The tinted formula contains 2% N-acetyl glucosamine and 4% niacinimide. Juice Beauty will launch the Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream in January which aims to repair DNA damage and boost cellular regeneration with the antioxidant vitamin C and reservatol. If we get very lucky, Chanel's version could make its way to the U.S.

I can't really yet speak to how well these work but for those looking for more of a fuller coverage with great skin benefits this sounds like a winner. Have any of you tried a CC cream? I would love to hear your thoughts on this. 

xx
Meredith 

3 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in Chanel's version of a CC cream, I think they make really great foundations. I haven't tried any BB creams yet, but I'm thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt the chanel one will be it over here anytime soon but that would be cool if it did. I'm not really that into American BB creams. They seem just like a tinted moisturizer to me.

      Delete
  2. I found another great article on CC creams and BB creams!

    http://www.squidoo.com/what-are-bb-creams-and-cc-creams

    ReplyDelete