Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall Beauty Swap with Gloss & Gab

So Garbriella from Gloss & Gab contacted me sometime around July to do a beauty swap. Since I'm a new blogger this was my first request to do a swap so I didn't really know what to expect. We decided that we would do a Fall theme and we set the amount of money that we would each spend. We also agreed to send out our packages around Labor Day just in time for Fall. I had such a fun time shopping for her products and really hope that she enjoys them. So here is what Gabriella sent me:

Fall Beauty Swap with Gloss & Gab




1. She got me this amazing scarf from H&M. I love it so much and can't wait to wear it this Fall. The colors are perfect for almost any outfit.

2. A lush mask called Mask of Magnaminty. This is perfect for me since I have lately become obsessed with masks. I cannot wait to try this out. She is a huge Lush junkie so she shows a lot of their stuff on her blog. I haven't gotten too into Lush yet but this could change everything for me.

3. Rosebud Salve was included in the package. I love this stuff and really like that it gives a nice tint to my lips. I could always use a backup lipbalm so this was great to get. Also I've been really into rose scents lately so this is good to have.

4. She threw in a Kind bar which I love. Unfortunately for me though that bar is already gone. Too yummy to pass up.

5. I got a sample pack of the Macadamia hair mask. This stuff is really hyped up. I have yet to try it though but am sure I will love it. This is a great travel size to have too.

6. Soap & Glory Hand Food another cult favorite was included. I can also use another hand cream. I always keep one in my handbag, one by my bed, and one in my bathroom. A girls gotta have soft hands. This has a great scent too so I'm glad to have another one of these.

7. Wet & Wild Trio in Sweet as Candy. I think that Wet & Wild makes some great eyeshadows so I'm looking forward to trying this out. I try not to travel with them though since I find they can break easily since the shadows are super soft. These are just really pretty neutrals for everyday.

8. Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. I actually just picked this up a few weeks ago from the drugstore so this one I unfortunately already have. It had to happen though. I pretty much have everything or at least I feel like I have a lot. This is an amazing product and color though so she did make a great choice.

9. Maybelline Color Show nail polish in Auburn Ablaze. This is a really pretty color for Fall and it is limited edition which is cool. I just feel like these aren't the best polishes. They are super sheer and you need a million coats for them to become opaque. I really don't have the time to put on that many coats. I'll probably share this on a giveaway or blog sale.

10. Last but not least is the Essence multi action false lashes mascara. Another one of my latest obsessions is mascara. I am on a quest to find an amazing mascara and am super excited to try this one out. It is only $3.99 so if it works well that's a huge plus. If any of you have tried this and like it let me know.

Also, she wrote me such a lovely note with this cute owl card and went through and explained why she included each product which was so nice. Please check out her blog if you are looking for another good beauty read. Her blog is www.glossandgab.net. This swap was a lot of fun and I look forward to doing more of them in the future. Thanks again Gabriella!

xx
Meredith

2 comments:

  1. where do people get the macadamia brand what store, online? please tell me i want that so bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can get it at ulta and also either beauty.com or drugstore.com. Not sure which one. Most hair stores sell it too. Thanks for reading my blog. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete