Thursday, July 26, 2012

July Favorites

This is a going to be a quick post letting you all some of the things that I have been loving for July. I hope that you all enjoy it. Also please check out my new facebook page at www.facebook.com/nycmakeuplover1. Now onto the favorites....


July Beauty Favorites
July Favorites
Buxom Lip Gloss in Creamsicle
As I listed in my previous post this is one of my all time favorite lip gloss colors for summer. I love that is not a true peach, not a true pink, but a combination of the two. Buxom makes some of my all time favorite lip glosses. I really feel that they make my lips look fuller which I really enjoy. I also like that this feels a little tingly on my lips with a minty smell. I'm going to wear this as much as I can until Summer ends. 

Orly Nail Polish in Gum Drop
I've had this color on my toes for pretty much the entire month of July since my friends and I went for pedicures for my birthday. This is such a fun color for summer and I'm loving it. It is kind of a cross between a mint green and a pale blue mixed together. I think its similiar to colors like Essie's Mint Candy Apple or China Glaze for Audrey. I dont have those two so I can't compare but Gumdrop is beautiful.


D&G l'imperatrice Eau de Toilette
This is a great Summer perfume. It's kind of sweet but a grown up kind of sweet which I love. I also love the bottle and the pink eau de toilette coloring. It could be longer lasting but for summer I kind of like that it is light as I dont like heavy smells during warmer months. Some of the notes are rhubard, kiwi, red currant, watermelon, jasmine, musk, sandalwood, and grapefruit wood. This will last you the entire summer since the bottle is so big.


Rimmel Airy Fairy Lipstick
This is a great year round nude/pink lipstick. If you dont like Revlon Soft Nude (which I don't) and are looking for a nude color but not a color that is going to wash out your lips, this color is a great option. The lipstick is not drying at all which I love too. It is cheap too since it is drugstore which is a plus. Highly recommend this color. I'm always thinking of a buying a backup in fear that they will stop selling it.


Sparitual Handprint Hand Serum
I received a sample of this I think in one of my New Beauty test tubes and fell in love but I knew they only sold it online and no where near me so I didn't think I would purchase it. Lucky for me when I was at a spa in PA they were selling it and I had to purchase it. My mom got one too and we both love it. Since its a little pricey I put it on only at night and not twice a day. Its basically a serum for your hands that has in it swiss apple stem cells and is 72% organic. If you put serum on your face, why not your hands too?

Milani Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eye Pencil in Champagne Toast
I bought this as I had a feeling it was similar to the Urban Decay Sin eye pencil. While I think that this is a bit more of a gold champagne color, I think that the UD one is more pinky champagne probably but I think that they are very simliar. The staying power on these is really good and the color is beautiful. Pick one of these up at the drugstore for sure. I wouldnt say that they last 12 hours but they sure do last several. 

Nars Tinted Moisturizer
Let me start off by saying that I love Nars Sheer Glow for the fall and winter and cannot wait to pick it up soon. I just wish I didnt have so many other products to go through. Can you say blog sale? Anyways I have this product in the color Finland which I believe is the second lightest color.This product has amazing coverage and glides so smoothly on your skin. You get 1.9 oz and you dont need a lot to cover your face. This product will last you quite a while. Great alternative to foundation for summer. I prefer this over all of my BB creams. 

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveille
I recently picked this up as I've heard so many rave reviews about it on blogs and YouTube and I felt that I just had to have it. The special thing about these are that they are so unique in their coloring. This is a sheer peachy/pink color with some shimmer in it. I love wearing this during the day as well as at night. I think it just looks beautiful on the eyes. It is much more pinky then the Milani Eye Pencil. 

I hope that you have enjoyed some of my July favorites. What have you all been loving in July? Any recommendations of things that I should check out?

xx
Meredith 

No comments:

Post a Comment