Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Caudalie Beauty Elixir vs. Caudalie Grape Water

I've decided to do a post comparing the cult favorite Caudalie Beauty Elixir to the new Caudalie Grape Water. I'm thinking that once Caudalie saw how quickly popular the Beauty Elixer had become they knew that they had to create another more affordable product for those who wanted a Caudalie fix. 



6.7 oz. Grape Water &.4 oz. Beauty Elixir





I first purchased the Beauty Elixir and lets just say that I am hooked. It comes in a glass bottle and is sold in two sizes. The larger size is 3.4 oz and $48 and the smaller is 1 oz for $18. I like to take the smaller bottle with me when I travel and leave the larger at home.


Both put out a very fine mist even though they have different spray heads

There is something about the glass packaging that just feels so luxe and fancy. It's a treat when I get to use this. It is described as part-toner and part-serum and is supposed to add a burst of radiance. It may just all be in my head but I think that this really does work well. I use it mainly at night or when traveling as I feel that its too expensive to use during both morning and night. The smell is very spa like and contains rosemary, organic balm mint, grape, orange blossom, and rose. 



Beauty Elixir

Quickly after purchasing the Beauty Elixir I realized that I could go through this stuff pretty fast. I then heard through Instagram that Caudalie had recently come out with a Grape Water spray. This stuff is pretty similar to something like Evian facial spray except that it is an 100% grape water toner enriched with moisturizing polysaccharides and mineral salts. I use this mainly in the morning after and during putting on my makeup. This also comes in two sizes. The larger size is 6.7 oz and retails for $18 and the smaller is 1.6 oz and retails for $8. The smell has a slight grape like smell which I don't really mind but some might not like it. 



Grape Water

I really like both and glad that I have them working in combination with each other. I would say if you can afford both then get both. In my opinion the Beauty Elixir does much more to help hydrate and treat your skin and works more like a skin treatment. If you don't have the budget to pay for the Elixir then the Grape Water is a great alternative. 

Beauty Elixir Ingredient List                     Grape Water Ingredient List


Both of these products do not contain any parabens, sulfates, 
synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, and phthalates.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. This is exactly the information I needed as I was wondering this same thing...did I need both? I have the large version of the grape water & use it after I apply my makeup so I don't look cakey. But I may get the elixir for in the evening after reading your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I would recommend. It's a great relaxing and soothing scent before you go to bed.

      Delete
  2. I did a double take because the price difference is crazy. Definitely gonna try the Grape water. Now that I'm out of my elixir I need to visit my trusty pharmacy ASAP. Nice comparison, thank you!

    ReplyDelete